Links to lessons
- Lesson 1 - The Interview
- Lesson 2 - The Interruption
- Lesson 3 - The Crisis
- Lesson 4 - Introductions
- Lesson 5 - Polite requests
- Lesson 6 - Offering to help
- Lesson 7 - Apologising
- Lesson 8 - Giving praise
- Lesson 9 - Checking information
- Lesson 10 -Language for disagreeing
- Lesson 11 -Language for working long hours
Disagreeing - Politely
This section is more advanced
How to make positive and negative comments
You can download a transcript and some questions for this
Listen to the recording. You may find it difficult, so play back as many times as you wish before looking at the transcript.
Here are some of the words and phrases you will hear:
burning the candle at both ends......doing overtime...putting in the hours.....burning out
Here are some questions about the program.
Say the answers to yourself and then click on the question to see a possible answer.